23 years of investment experience, serves as a Portfolio Manager, Managing Director, and Executive Chairman of the Advisory Research Partner Group. Prior to joining the firm in 2005, Matthew worked in the assurance and business advisory group at PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP. Matthew holds a BS in accounting and business administration from the University of Kansas and an MBA from the Kelley School of Business at Indiana University. Matthew is a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA®) charterholder and has passed the Uniform CPA Examination.
The Partners Fund is a concentrated strategy composed of 8-20 positions of smaller capitalization companies with whom the U.S. Value Team engages constructively.
NUMBER OF HOLDINGS
Target durable businesses with reinvestment opportunities and strategic assets
- Terminal value
- Recurring revenue
- Assets of value to strategic buyer
Sourced from forced or non-fundamental sellers
- Liquidity provider at time of stress
- Take advantage of market inefficiencies
- Actively monitor capital flows and corporate actions
Engage with the business, management and board of directors
- Deep fundamental research
- Partners Fund Advisory Board and investors
Compound with management or sell to a strategic buyer
- Compound value via organic and targeted M&A with aligned management
- Isolate, invest and harvest crown jewel assets to larger, strategic buyer
Request Strategy Information
For more information on the Advisory Research Partners Fund Strategy, please complete the form below.