23 years of investment experience, serves as a Portfolio Manager, Managing Director, and Executive Chairman of the Advisory Research Partner Group. Prior to joining the firm in 2005, Matthew worked in the assurance and business advisory group at PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP. Matthew holds a BS in accounting and business administration from the University of Kansas and an MBA from the Kelley School of Business at Indiana University. Matthew is a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA®) charterholder and has passed the Uniform CPA Examination.
Small Cap Value
The Small Cap Value Strategy is a value-oriented strategy seeking to exploit the fundamental opportunity ceded by passive investors in small capitalization companies.
SMA & Mutual Fund
NUMBER OF HOLDINGS
- Fundamental, research intensive methodology that generally results in high conviction portfolios
- Private equity approach to the public markets with a strong focus on downside risk management and company specific actions to unlock shareholder value
- Long-term investment orientation that seeks to take advantage of short-term volatility
A focus on company-specific operational & strategic outcomes
We seek to own companies with strong balance sheets, consistent profitability, and discounted absolute valuation.
We utilize extensive fundamental analysis to look for companies that have management teams with clear operational and strategic plans to unlock inherent value.
Portfolio Construction and Maintenance
We construct portfolios by positioning capital with the best absolute value opportunities, where risk is measured by the potential for permanent loss of capital, and reward is measured by execution of company specific actions to unlock shareholder value.
Holdings may be sold for the following reasons:
- If full valuation is realized.
- If an opportunity with a more attractive risk/reward is identified.
- If the company is acquired.
- If management is unable or unwilling to unlock shareholder value, which is monitored and articulated through our Thesis Trackers.
Request Strategy Information
For more information on the Advisory Research Small Cap Value Strategy, please complete the form below.